Hello

WaterMarked

Hi!

my name is Lauren but on the forum please call me WM or watermarked.

i am a 24 year old college student from texas. majoring in animal behavior.

My dachshund is "Rue"

she is a LH standard girl that has a particular fondness for my 3 English Angora rabbits and watching the Koi swim in our pond.

i am planning to show Rue pretty soon, this will be my first time showing a small hound so i was hoping to meet people and talk about all the crazy stuff these pups do!

i have shown an Ibizan Hound in the past and he passed the year before last due to a bite from what we believe was a large snake . So i am a bit rusty.

its a pleasure to meet you all i hope i can learn something and share some things as well.

CaseyKC

Welcome! Rue is a very pretty girl and she looks like she has a silly side like my black and tan, tweenie, Libby. This is a great place to talk about dachshunds.

Penny

Hi Lauren and Rue! Nice that you stopped by. You have a black and tan brindle! Hope she shows well for you and we look forward to a lot more pics.

Penny

Pretty girl!
Are you taking her to show classes? We just went through this with Georgia and showed her at the nationals (Canada).

WaterMarked

Pretty girl!
Are you taking her to show classes? We just went through this with Georgia and showed her at the nationals (Canada).
unfortunately no the only classes we have in the area is one i dont particularly want to go to because the people arent very nice =/

how did your girl do at the nationals?

Penny

It was 3 days of specialties and she showed very well for me. She was happy in the ring, did nicely. Here are her winnings...

She was the littlest dog at the classes and that exposure to big dogs on leash was a good thing for her. She learned to ignore them and focus on me and she seemed to think people had treats in their pockets (of course they did) and she had a marvelous way of walking up to them and standing her best, hoping for something. lol Great for in the ring.

WaterMarked

she is so pretty, i hardly ever see piebald here <3 congratz. Yes normally i love to take classes my old class shut down a few months back so now i am just socializing with walks ect to get her out there meeting the big dogs. one reason the current class available doesnt appeal to me is i know several of the people going and they do not...contain/control some of the dogs that have...issues with other dogs nothing like running away from an angry hound that doesnt like humans or dogs..