Hello

Cole

I am getting my new puppy this friday. I joined to get more info and read about the different experiences everyone has had with theirs. I attached a photo of the little guy im getting.

Attachments

nola

He's adorable! Does he have a name? I love his coloring, I've always wanted a Chocolate and Tan Dapple.
Hi and welcome!

Cole

No name yet. He is actually chocolate isabella dapple from what I have been told

Last edited:

PrettyPenny

Careful who you buy from. Sounds like the breeder breeds for color, which isn't a good thing. I would be weary of possible health problems this puppy may have. Cute as a button, though!

Steph

Cutie pie!! Looks like a chocolate/tan patchwork dapple to me because you can't have chocolate and isabella on a dog, the genetics won't allow for both colours to be seen. Isabella is the dilute form of chocolate. The lighter spots you see are due to the dapple gene marking the pup in a specific way, that's what makes dapples (merles) so unique! :D

Cole

My mistake. The lady I am buying from has 2 litters right now. The other litter is a isabella litter. The litter that I am getting from is Chocolate and tan. I am aware of problems with trying to breed for color and I assure you that is not the case here.

Steph

It's all good Cole :)

Enjoy your new baby and welcome to the gang! Need anything just holler, we have lots of great people here with loads of experience and knowledge :D

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Welcome to the wonderful world of Dachshunds! You will be so besotted with your new little shorty! Enjoy him