Hello from SC

jzami69

Hello all. Long time Doxie owner with a new, to me, pup. Lost our Dorkie a couple of weeks back, but our new, as yet to be named, pup is squealing by the door (strange house, strange people, not a happy camper), so I'll pour an adult beverage and settle on the floor for a while. Either he'll stop whining or I won't care. :D

Penny

Hi and welcome from Canada!
What kind of pup did you get? Long, short or wire hair? Color? You're a stinker for not giving us some details!! lol
Looking forward to some pics please.

jzami69

Siegfried (Don't blame me, blame my wife.) is a red short-hair mini, although as minis go he's on the big side. He could be the poster child for red doxies. It hasn't even been a day yet, so the 'issues' we're having are to be expected. He's just a year old and was a country dog with free run with his siblings. We're in the city, in an old, quiet neighborhood, but still the street noise bothers him a bit. He likes his food, loves his chew bone, prefers a cave under an afghan on the couch to his bed, at least that's where I found him this morning. The only issue, as I said, is he had pretty much free rein with a doggy door. He may need crate training to get him on a schedule, but for now I just kick him out into the (fenced) yard every couple of hours.

Last edited: