Hello from Kent UK

Brontillow

Wire Haired Dachshunds
Hi, I am a new member here, I have two standard Wire Haired Dachshunds, Brontë and Willow, both 20 months old. One is from show lines and the other from working lines. I bought them both at the same time so that I could learn more about the different types within the breed and have done some tracking with both of them.

Nell

Hi and welcome from Hertfordshire!

I have a red smooth mini (Connie) a brindle wire mini (Mabel), a red brindle dachshund cross border terrier (Mr Woods) and a HUGE hankering for a red standard wire!

What colours are yours, when I went to Crufts this year I totally fell in love with a couple of the red standard wires.............keep telling myself four isn't greedy lol!

Frankie Bean

Hello and welcome! They sound beautiful and I love their names. I have a 7 month old red smooth mini, Frankie. Can't wait to hear more about your two!

Brontillow

Wire Haired Dachshunds
Thank you for your welcome. I have some photographs on my website Brontillow. We are hoping for puppies next month, Willow has been mated to a Norwegian import who has thrown red coats so I'm hoping for puppies of that colour, although I prefer a fox red than the yellow colour I saw a lot of at Crufts this year (Wasn't it expensive to get in?)
There are a couple of short tracking videos on there too.

Its quite difficult to find any details of tests for working dachshunds, it's a shame that there are no KC tests for them in the UK.

Nell

Soo agree about the colour, fox red is definitely the best! keep us posted about the puppies, I am not that far from you so who knows...................:)