Hello all UK Members :)

gpmum2

I am a new member but would like to say hello to all the UK members on the forum. I have a 5 month old mini wire called Bernie, who is named after my Dad who passed away nearly a year ago.

My dad loved all dogs especially dalmations we have had 6 throughout my life.I have also had a Beagle and have a 13yr old GSD X. So I am used to larger dogs, but wanted a lap size dog to give cuddles & remind me of Dad.

I look forward to chatting to you :)

Susan

Bella & Jack's Mummy
Hi Im in the UK too

We have a, almost, 10 week old little girl called Bella, she is a silver dapple miniture short/smooth dachshund :) x

Eggberts

Hello,

I'm in the UK too and we also have a Bella 5 month old Red Standard Smooth. She suits her name, as she is absolutely gorgeous.

Enjoy!

Emma:)

gpmum2

Both Bella's look gorgeous, I orginally wanted a smooth, but hubby preferred the wires.

Actually I think I would just have them all :D

Susan

Bella & Jack's Mummy
Hubby said he was thinking of surprising me with another little addition for christmas but thought he'd better ask first, I think thats one of the most thoughtful things he's ever done :D although I dont like the idea of given animals at christmas time even though a new addition would be a member of our family I said New Year instead so Bella may get a play friend afterall, I'm not sure if we should if we should have another mini smooth/short or I really like the long haired too ......

gpmum2

Lucky you Susan, what a lovely hubby.

I have heard that potty training two puppies is hard, and as Bella isn't very old would she go backward for a while. My hubby would think practical like this, me I would have a whole pack :)

We went to Crufts and looked at all the 3 types and spoke to breeders.

Don't know if you are near to Earls Court, London but Discover Dogs presented by the Kennel Club is on 13th & 14th November!

Susan

Bella & Jack's Mummy
Lucky you Susan, what a lovely hubby.

I have heard that potty training two puppies is hard, and as Bella isn't very old would she go backward for a while. My hubby would think practical like this, me I would have a whole pack :)

We went to Crufts and looked at all the 3 types and spoke to breeders.

Don't know if you are near to Earls Court, London but Discover Dogs presented by the Kennel Club is on 13th & 14th November!

I think we should wait till she's one having thought about it ( 15th July ) like you said it would be hard with 2 puppies under 1 at different ages... belike having twins lol

No we arent anywhere near London, we are in North Lincolnshire about 4 1/2 hours away from London

My heart says yes but my head is saying we should wait, although i nearly went back for one of her brother/sisters after we'd had Bella a week :D

gpmum2

I know what you mean, about heart and head. Just to throw a spanner what about a rescue one :) or a slighly older one from preloved.co.uk is a good site or odle.com

Susan

Bella & Jack's Mummy
I know what you mean, about heart and head. Just to throw a spanner what about a rescue one :) or a slighly older one from preloved.co.uk is a good site or odle.com
throw me a spanner anytime lol, i'd love to give a good home to a resuce dog, might have a look now :D

Troy Beal

We have two dachshunds, both standards, a red (11) and a wire (2), male and female.
The bitch certainly stands up for herself.

The male came via Elizabeth Heesom, and the female is a Sylvae from Brimarville, Lincolnshire- both are fine looking dogs- noisy sometimes, and I've not had total success with tranining.....

kiratomic

Hi there! i don't yet have a Dachshund but my partner are looking to add a mini, short haired, chocolate and tan dog to our little family. The only problem is finding a breeder in Northern or Southern Ireland. But that's for another thread.

All your pups look SO cute i can't wait to get one and cuddle on him!

Spidandloki

Hi UK crowd Im Heidi and we are picking up our new family member tomorrow she is a mini smooth chocolate and tan, my son has named Isabel. Cant wait very excited, my hubby also bought her for me and my son Loki aged 6yrs. Ive wanted a dachshund for years so this is a dream come true.

Vonoepen

Hi Heidi, how is the new pup getting on? They are such fun aren't they. We have a 4 month old wire hair called Lottie who is a real delight. We have 5 large dogs and I'm glad to say they all get on well. :) she is the first dachshund I've had since I was 8 and I'm now - well, a grandmother!

Ruth C

Hi we have two standard wires Izzy and Tickle izzy is 6 months old now and Tickle nearly 1. Both are great wee dogs and everyonre we meet on walks want to say hello to them.We live on a farm in Montrose ,Angus, area we don,t see many other wires around here so would love to know if anyone near by....I am a pet artist and am able to be home full time with my dogs....they love the company...