head tremors/seizures??

hello all. this time I am writing y'all with a concern about my baby girl. just now I noticed her having these head tremors that I've never seen before. it wasn't a whole body seizure just like a Parkinson's like tremor, or that's the closest thing I can think to compare it to. I just texted my boss (vet) to ask her opinion and am planning on taking her to work with me tomorrow and do some bloodwork and xrays. as Im typing this she seems fine, running around the yard playing in the snow like usual. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this before? It didn't look like a typical seizure in my experience but it was definitely weird! Thanks <3

Steph

It almost sounds like Head Bobbing Syndrome in Dobermans. My blue female was diagnosed with them when she was a year and a half old. Have a read of this article and see if it matches up with what you observed. Good luck and keep us posted!

Head bobbing in dogs

Zaharrah

hello all. this time I am writing y'all with a concern about my baby girl. just now I noticed her having these head tremors that I've never seen before. it wasn't a whole body seizure just like a Parkinson's like tremor, or that's the closest thing I can think to compare it to. I just texted my boss (vet) to ask her opinion and am planning on taking her to work with me tomorrow and do some bloodwork and xrays. as Im typing this she seems fine, running around the yard playing in the snow like usual. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this before? It didn't look like a typical seizure in my experience but it was definitely weird! Thanks <3
Hi, I've just been experiencing with my little fella and wondered what the outcome for you was. I've had my dog seen by a neurologist and had MRI/spinal tap - nothing untoward thankfully, also nothing to indicate an infection, but jhe is taking antibiotics (clindamycin) in case it is neosporosis or something else. He also started on a low dose of prednisone this morning as there seems to be no improvement and the tremors are getting worse - very much like Parkinson's as you said. Working diagnosis at the mo is idiopathic cerebellitis. Just hoping it'll sort itself out or these drugs will help. He's fine in himself and not lethargic, same little dog, just a jiggling and looking a bit nonplussed by it all!

I've put vids up on YouTube Sara Freeman - YouTube