Frank's Hairless Chest

My little Piebald, Frank has very little hair on his underside, from his neck all the way down.

I thought it might have had something to do with his life on the streets in the months before he was rescued, but no hair is growing. His belly and chest always look bright pink. I don't know if that's a healthy pink, or the look of mild irritation.

Anyway, is it common for dachsies to have a naked underside?

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Mouse had the same issue... Her hair is growing back now. She is allergic to metal for one, I started keeping a little t-shirt on her all the time, incase the carpet was rubbing off her fur, and I switched her to a single, unique protein food, to see if it wasn't a food allergy... now her fur is growing back big time... so whatever it is, I solved it... for now, anyway LOL

Doxie1985

I have a 2 and a half year old black and tan named Addy. She was born with baldish spots on her head and she is bald from the neck down on her front. She just never grew on her front. The breeder person I got her from said it would grow in but it never did. She has no issues though shes just really smooth. :)