First puppy walk!

jax's_mommy

Well, we took Jax on his first walk :) He loved it! Especially loved all the attention he got from people passing by!

I was kinda shocked that most have never seen a dapple dachshund. or even heard of a dapple colored dachshund! :eek:

One couple said if i ever want to get rid of him to let them know.. I chuckled a little and said I wasn't getting rid of my baby :)

Last edited:
People really do seem to notice dachshunds. And through in a color other than red or Black and Tan, and you have people stopping you in the street, and asking to take your dog off your hands.

Sounds like you two had fun!

jax's_mommy

We did! It was a nice day today, its either been cold or rainy, and Monday we are suppose to have snow. So i took advantage of today for his first walk.

I think Jax loved it more than me lol, he was all wags and had this kinda prance to his step. He's such a happy pup. :)

nola

Glad you two had fun! Yup, Dachshunds are an absolute magnet when you're out. People stop me all the time with Nola to ask how old she is, what her color is and if she's a mix (she's not):rolleyes:

jax's_mommy

Thank you! :)
My mini doxie wasnt to much of a magnet on walks, so its kinda a odd thing for me lol, not entirely used to it.

Steph

I was kinda shocked that most have never seen a dapple dachshund. or even heard of a dapple colored dachshund! :eek:
The first thing people ask me is if my boy is a cross between a blue heeler/ aussie cattle dog and a dachshund. When I say nope, he's pure, they're like I thought they only came in brown (red) or doberman colored, lol.

jax's_mommy

When i first got him, one of our neighbors asked if he was part cattle dog. I just simply told them he's pure doxie. :)
Its probably because thats the most common coloring. But thats the usual response I've gotten as well lol

Doxmom

People always ask me what kind of dog Bree is..and when I tell them, the usual response is, 'Oh, I didn't know dachshunds come in that color!":confused:

People always ask me what kind of dog Bree is..and when I tell them, the usual response is, 'Oh, I didn't know dachshunds come in that color!":confused:
Well they don't, do they? I take Frank to the hair dresser's twice a month to die his red fur white.

How often do you take Bree?

Blazer's Mom

LOL too cute!

My silver dapple is 17.5 years old...people still try to tell me he's some other kind of color. After 17.5 years, I think I know what color he is...but to each their own.

Last edited: