DoxMom, It's Friday

Doxmom

New Pup

Wandering Man~ No wonder this forum is so successful. That was so thoughtful to check back with me about my possible adoption of a doxie! (really impressed here). Well, background - I've had dogs all my life. Two pekes, most recently. My little 12 yr old female peke passed away two months ago. My 15 yr old male peke is in lala land - blind, deaf and somewhat disoriented.

My neighbor has a beautiful male doxie. At one point, so did my parents. Long story short, I fell in love with a 7 month old piebald from a local breeder. It was a very hard decision for me as there are advantages to being dog-free, and my male peke is knocking on Heaven's door.

But my need to fill the hole in my heart was overwhelming. Today I put down my deposit on a handsome male piebald, whose pattern reminds me of a beagle I had as a child. I will be asking for lots of guidance here, as I have never been owned by a doxie. But this baby's calm demeanor and ability to de-stress me, was undeniable! He's very loving and sweet (a far cry from the female Yorkie I thought I wanted!!).

I will be picking him up on September 1st. Still in search of a suitable name that starts with a "B" like all my pets before him. Thanks again for checking on me and my new doxie.

Attachments

nola

Oh he is just precious! I personally love the names Baxter and Boston:p
Ask any questions!

Doxmom

Hi, Nola~

Nola,

I asked my husband this evening, which B names he liked (I had many) and he said, Boston!! Our daughter and family actually live there. I'd have to add 'Creme' for his middle name, aka, Boston Creme...I also like Bindi (after Steve Irwin's daughter) but have been told it's too girly. Maybe spelled Bindy. All B names gratefully accepted!

Thanks for the warm welcome into this community.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Awe he's absolutely gorgeous!!! I LOVE him!

hmmmn B names...

I have a Boo (my male doxie)
I knew a Baxter (a friend's male sh b&t mini dachshund)

some other ideas
Bosco (Boscarelli) (a friends German Pincher)
Badger (Boo almost got named this)
Beans (I dunno why, but I want to name a doxie beans LOL)

ok I'm out of ideas now LOL

He is beautiful. Thank you for posting the pics.

Good luck with the name.

My wife wanted to name our first dog Petey. A freind suggested we name him P.D., for Paul's (me) Dog. And that name stuck. Although the meaning of PD changes.

Sometimes it stands for Personality Disorder (he can be a little neurotic), and sometimes it stands for Peeing Dog (he's a submissive Pee'er).

I know you will be really happy with Boston Cream, Brindi, or Boy. Whatever name he ends up with, he'll be a joy.

nola

Nola,

I asked my husband this evening, which B names he liked (I had many) and he said, Boston!! Our daughter and family actually live there. I'd have to add 'Creme' for his middle name, aka, Boston Creme...I also like Bindi (after Steve Irwin's daughter) but have been told it's too girly. Maybe spelled Bindy. All B names gratefully accepted!

Thanks for the warm welcome into this community.
Oh how cool! Boston's the name of my oldest female haha. What about Bambino (my nickname for my whole brood), Beans, Bently, Benjamin, Britain or Bronx (I have a city/state theme going on; Nola, Augustine, Boston and Phoenix)?

Doxmom

I like that city/state thing going on, Nola! Britain is cool I'm also partial to all things French, so I'm considering Baguette, Brioche (nickname Bree) and Biscoti. I've got a food thing going on!! =)

Doxmom

Okay, so I finally decided in favor of French food!! Doxie's Mom's name is Champagne. We're going with Brioche de le Champagne. Okay, I know it's a bit over the top, but his nickname is 'Bree' and that seems to fit!

He's settling in well - getting along with my 15 yr old dog just fine. Struggling with potty training, but most everything else is really great. We're happy to have him. Even my husband is slowly caving in to his charms! More pics to follow..