Doesn't want to go out?!

sherlock

Hello all! I've been internetless all week, so it's good to be back!!

We've run into a bit of a problem with Dr. Watson this week...there are a lot of times he doesn't want to go out to go potty! Usually, I can take him out without his leash into the empty lot next to our apartment, he'll do his business and sniff around some, and then come inside.

But there have been several times this week that he refuses to go downstairs. I'll put on his leash and literally drag him around, trying to get him to go. And then we finally go back in, and he'll potty on the floor shortly after. This hasn't been every single trip outside, but at least twice a day.

I have no idea what's come over him. Is it possibly a smell or something he doesn't like? I'm so worried about him! He's done this before, but never so regularly, maybe like once a week or something.

love'laska

As you know, Alaska was having the exact same thing happen this week, although I attribute it to the overwhelming amount of people distracting her. What I did to solve the solution was putting an x-pen in a corner of the apartment and covering the floor under it with potty pads. We leave an opening for her to go in and out freely. In 24 hours we've had no accidents.

It seemed a little backwards in her training since she was doing so well in my mom's backyard the past couple weeks, but at least she's not having accidents.