DFW, TX Doxies?

sherlock

I think I've seen a few members who listed their location in DFW, but I can't remember usernames.

I was thinking maybe we could have a playdate some time. The only DFW dachshund group I can find via the Googler is an AKC-only group, which sucks cause I'd love to have a little doxie club, but Watson isn't registered.

jax's_mommy

Well, I'm not in Tx right now. But I probably will be during Christmas time, or next year (depending on finacial situations) I have family there. I will be most certainly bringing Jax since I will be driving out there. Would love to do a playdate whenever I do get a chance to get down there.

crystalclear1027

We live in Abington, Pennsylvania. I Wish we could all meet because I love to talk about our Doxi's. I don't know if there is a doxi club in Pa.

jax's_mommy

I have no idea if there's one here. Never thought to look it up. Jax just usually plays with the neighborhood dogs when we are out lol. So he gets some social interactions. Although he has never met another doxie :) mostly big dogs.

HilyBee

What part of Indiana do you live in Jax's Mommy? I live in Louisville, KY. Less than 20 minutes from the border of Indiana/Kentucky. :D

sherlock

I have no idea if there's one here. Never thought to look it up. Jax just usually plays with the neighborhood dogs when we are out lol. So he gets some social interactions. Although he has never met another doxie :) mostly big dogs.
Yeah, Watson and I go to the dog park every now and then. Can't as much now that it's summer cause it's just too hot. But I've heard about doxie clubs and get togethers in different towns and thought it sounded like fun, but the only group down here is AKC only :(

He's played with other doxies several times...his favorite breed seems to be corgis though :)

jax's_mommy

What part of Indiana do you live in Jax's Mommy? I live in Louisville, KY. Less than 20 minutes from the border of Indiana/Kentucky. :D
I am about 45 minutes to an hour from Louisville :) I live in Madison, IN.
In fact, going to Louisville today for a Dr. appointment lol. I'm not driving though, my husbands mom is taking us, since I don't have my license just yet. I get that in August.

HilyBee

Nice! :D Hope the appt. goes well. There isn't an official dachshund meet-up group here from what I have found in the last four years.

jax's_mommy

Thank you! The appt went very well :) It was a check up from after a major surgery.

Once I get my license, maybe we could meet up for a doxie playdate if you would like too!

lucerogina

I am in Corinth. I know this post is old but it sure would be fun to put something together.

Loving my Elliott,
Gina

Penny

What I did was visit B & E's breeder and sit down with her records of who bought dogs from her. She went through the list and gave us the names and phone numbers of folks most likely to be interested in a meet up. I contacted them and choose a park on Saturday at 11 am, and we got started. The worst thing that can happen is a lovely day at the park with your doxie.

sherlock

I am in Corinth. I know this post is old but it sure would be fun to put something together.

Loving my Elliott,
Gina
Yes, it would be! I take Watson to the Wiggly Field dog park in Denton (on Ryan Rd, off of Teasley, up the road from Guyer High) all the time. I'm planning on going on Sunday, since it's supposed to be in the 70s again.

sherlock

I'm not sure, maybe around 3? We always stay for at least a couple of hours. And I'll try to remember to post on here before we go :)

sherlock

We'll probably be leaving for the park in the next half hour or so. I hope to see you (and Elliott!) there.