Delish?

MiniMom

Has anyone tried or heard anything about Rachael Ray's Dog food. Delish? The owners of the mini I am adopting on Friday feed this to him. I am just concerned about the quality.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
If you can buy it at Wal-Mart, it's cheap garbage. Sorry. That stuff has a ton of iffy and bad ingredients.

sherlock

Do you mean Nutrish? That's what Watson has been on for a long time now (just recently switched to the Rachael Ray Just 6) and he loved it with no issues. It's not top quality, but it's better quality (and a lot cheaper) than big name brands.

And by that I mean it's not mostly corn. There is still corn in the Nutrish brand, but less than Pedigree/Iams/whatever else. But the Just 6 kind is corn-wheat-soy-free

Last edited:

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
There are really bad ingredients in it. It is not healthy or safe to feed, imo. And there are way better foods in that price range.

amparra

I just looked at the ingredient list and even though Lamb Meal is the first ingredient, the next two ingredients are rice so there is more rice than meat in the food even though a meat is the first ingredient.

Beet pulp is a filler that is pretty high up on the ingredient list. Then the fifth ingredient is poultry fat. "Poultry" can be a lot of animals. It is better when ingredients are more specific (e.g. chicken fat, instead of poultry fat or animal fat)