Can You Help Me Find?

BanjoBoy

Hello,

I haven't been on in an a very long time. I have been very busy and something very bad happened to my Banjo (Standard Dachshund), and with a broken heart I must say that he didn't pull through...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqcvAaCv1bw]Rest In Peace, Banjo - YouTube[/ame]

I am looking for another Standard Dachshund, but I am really wanting to find one like Banjo. Not exactly like Banjo as no other dog can ever replace him. I can't seem to find any like him though. He was AKC registered (lost papers).

Height: 13.5", medium sized.

Weight: 35-40 pounds.

Color: I don't care about color, I care about the personality though.

Price: 500-1500+ shipping.

The pictures that you see are of Banjo.

RIP Banjo

January 15-2007-November 2, 2012.

My apology's for this being long. If you know anyone who has what I'm looking for please reply or private message me. I'm not ready yet as I have a puppy coming already (Border Collie), but when I move out of my parents house I will be searching for sure. I just think it's very important to start a friendship with ANY potential breeder of mine. Thank you so much for reading.

Attachments

Steph

Sorry to hear about your boy, RIP Banjo.

Standards are few and far between, BUT they are still out there - mostly in show circles. I know of some people that still have standards. Would you be willing to take on an adult that's retired or are you definitely wanting a puppy?

Let me see what I can dig up for you :)

Dec 31 - 6:30 est...ok, so the only standards I can find right now are: Seacrest Dachshunds, Lucene Dachshunds and Tanlerdox. All show kennels, but you never know they may have the perfect pup for you :)

Last edited:

BanjoBoy

So sorry to hear about your boy! :(

I cant help you find anotherone but hope someone else can :)
Thank you.

Sorry to hear about your boy, RIP Banjo.

Standards are few and far between, BUT they are still out there - mostly in show circles. I know of some people that still have standards. Would you be willing to take on an adult that's retired or are you definitely wanting a puppy?

Let me see what I can dig up for you :)

Dec 31 - 6:30 est...ok, so the only standards I can find right now are: Seacrest Dachshunds, Lucene Dachshunds and Tanlerdox. All show kennels, but you never know they may have the perfect pup for you :)
Thank you so much for the recommendations. I'd take a retired dog and or a puppy. I am just really hoping to find one that was like Banjo. I miss him horribly still and sometimes can't believe he's still gone. He's been gone for 2 months now...:(

vizzla

You may never find a perfect Banjo again, all dogs are individualls. Let your memory of Banjo live in your heart and make room for another uniqe doxi in your life :)

BanjoBoy

You may never find a perfect Banjo again, all dogs are individualls. Let your memory of Banjo live in your heart and make room for another uniqe doxi in your life :)
I definitely know there will never be another Banjo, ever. :) I want to add another Standard Dachshund to my family when I move out, but I am finding it to be difficult.

vizzla

In sweden I think we have more standards than minis... At least huntingdogs, few minis.
So here it is easy to find a standard :)

Hope you get what you looking for!

Doxmom

Banjo Boy, so sorry to hear of your pet passing away. I think most of us here know how horrible that feels - for a very long time. I still miss my Brandee-Cherie, a precious 12 year old pekingese that I had from eight weeks old.

When you are ready, you may find a standard in one of your local shelters. You might give them a call and let them know you are looking for a standard. My good friend and neighbor (and the person who encouraged me to consider a doxie) did just that. And sure enough, she found a gorgeous all black standard about two years old. Since the shelter neuters and vets them, he was all set to go. He's been a wonderful companion for her.

Good Luck and please let us know how it goes..:D

BanjoBoy

Banjo Boy, so sorry to hear of your pet passing away. I think most of us here know how horrible that feels - for a very long time. I still miss my Brandee-Cherie, a precious 12 year old pekingese that I had from eight weeks old.

When you are ready, you may find a standard in one of your local shelters. You might give them a call and let them know you are looking for a standard. My good friend and neighbor (and the person who encouraged me to consider a doxie) did just that. And sure enough, she found a gorgeous all black standard about two years old. Since the shelter neuters and vets them, he was all set to go. He's been a wonderful companion for her.

Good Luck and please let us know how it goes..:D
Thank you very much!! :D