Buggy's Babies

Hope Hounds

Week 6/ Day 42 Time for a Buggy's belly update. :) She is finally eating more and I haven't caught her eating gross things, partially because I tried to clean up anything she could get to. Her belly is getting nice and big. She is sleeping on the floor lately to stretch her belly out.

Attachments

Hope Hounds

Doing an early update because I will be busy tomorrow so here are photos from Day 48/ Week 7ish
Buggy has been doing good. I bought her a kiddie pool to use as her whelping box and she has been sleeping there most of the time now. My cream puppy likes to jump in the pool and annoy her. :p

Attachments

Hope Hounds

Buggy update. Buggy's temperature is 98.6° as of 1am. I think she is having contractions and she is a bit restless. She keeps trying to get under my bed. I'm a little worried that her milk hasn't come in and her teats feel warm. I gave her some cottage cheese to help with calcium and I gave her a massage. I took pictures on Wednesday for week 8 and pictures today. I haven't been able to post them because I have been busy and I can't upload the photos using my phone. She is HUGE. Her belly is about the width of a basketball. I'm going to update throughout the night if she is in labor.

Hope Hounds

No puppies yet. She was resting for awhile but seems more active and restless now. She is moving her blankets all around often. I've been giving her about a tablespoon of cottage cheese mixed with Natural Balance food roll and grated garlic every 2 hours. Cottage cheese to boost her calcium and protein to help with milk production and hopefully prevent eclampsia. Protein from CC and NB to give her strength for the big event. Garlic for its antibiotic and antinflamitory properties to hopefully prevent mastitis. I've also been gently massaging her teats. Finally got a little bit milk to come out which was a huge relief. Also they aren't hot and tight anymore which I attribute to the garlic. I couldn't get her to drink water until I offered it to her in my hand and she finally drank about a half cup.

Hope Hounds

I think she is I'm Stage 2 of labor now. She is moving all over. She is whimpering. I see big contractions and she is leaking fluid. Puppy will be here any time now. :D hopefully everything goes well.

Hope Hounds

Puppy 1 was born at 8:40. She looks to be a red dapple. Oh boy what an ordeal it was to have this puppy. She was in heavy labor for over an hour and then she wanted to just go to sleep. She had been leaking fluid and it had maconium in it. I decided to see if I could feel the puppy and sure enough it was backwards. I felt for the puppy and I had my sister palpitate and gently push her towards my finger with each contraction. The sack kept slipping in and out until finally I could get ahold of it and help her gently pull until we got the puppy out. Whew! Mom and puppy seem OK. I'm a bit worried that Buggy is bleeding a little now.

Last edited:

Hope Hounds

Buggy has 4 puppies now and at least one still in her belly. She has 2 female red dapples, a male silver dapple, and a male red dapple.

Hope Hounds

Momma and babies are doing great. I'm so happy today; my heart is swelling with love, pride and joy for my sweet little grand puppies. <3

Nikky5000

She was big too only have 5 :eek: was she on the big side before she was pregnant? Also
enjoy them now :) they grow up fast. And soon will be in everything :D

Last edited: