Bella’s Mom needs help!

Lindsay6529

HI There, I have a wonderful mini dachshund named Bella. She is the sweetest thing, but we are having major issues with potty training. We will take her outside and on walks, but she will potty the second she comes inside, whether it be her kennel or on the floor, it doesn’t matter!! We also put her in her kennel if we will be gone for short periods of time and she has absolutely no issue going potty in there either. Has anyone had this issue or have any advice?? We love her to death and I know she is still little, but this is very frustrating.
IMG_3061.jpeg

Last edited:

Chariya

I know this sounds bad but pee in a jar and take her out and pour some in the grass or dirt and let her smell it and she might get the hint, female dogs will mark a female dogs urine. The black and tan dachshund in the picture would always pee over the red ones pee since she was a puppy at 8 weeks old. They both do it to this day still. If your using a kennel that's a lot bigger than the puppy she will go in it no problem. The crate should be just big enough for the puppy to turn around in. Puppies generally won't pee in their beds unless they're left for a long period of time. I tried a crate called The Puppy Apartment for the first time with my 5th Dachshund for when we would be gone for extended periods and at night, it has a small area for the dog to sleep in and a large area for puppy pads and it worked great. I was going to litter box train her with it but she elected to only go outside with her big sister, she just quit using the potty area in her crate.
Take her out every hour and don't let her out of your sight or free roam in your house. Super cute puppy.

Last edited: