Been on holiday

gpmum2

Bernie has been on his 1st holiday at 6 months old to Croyde, UK.

I was quite worried about taking him as he isn't fully house trained, so we took his crate with us for night times. (he hasn't used it for the last month), but he went in straight away and was dry every night.

He even cocked his leg for the 1st time on his 6 month birthday :) He wasn't soo keen on being wet and he did shiver quite a lot so he was allowed to sit in the chair in the sun, but I may consider getting him a jumper as we are going back down to Devon for xmas. SO he can warm up when we come off the beach.

He did give us a couple of frights as he got stuck in some quick sand and was upto his shoulders in no time, hubby pulled him out,. then the next day there was a very small river that cut the beach in half. Hubby forgot his wellies so we were trying to find a place for him to cross. There was a very narrow section that I thought he could jump over but the water came to the nearly the top of my wellies. I was just trying out the depth when Bernie followed me in and was sent wooshing down river. Hubby stepped in the water and retrieved him. One sodden leg all the way home for him :)

But all in all I think he really enjoyed his 1st holiday, Buzz stayed at home with my parents, it was just soo much easier with a smaller dog and people were so much more friendly with a small dog too :D

Attachments

starfish

Midwest US Region Moderator
Sounds like an eventful but fantastic Holiday!! Very gorgeous pics as well!! So glad that your holiday was great!!

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Oh my goodness, Bernie is ADORABLE!!! It sounds as if you had a great holiday with your little man! Holidays are so much more fun when the dogs come along! LOL

gpmum2

lol..Susan you mentioned the photo's

Bernie has WON a photo competition today. I entered him back in September, the Dog portrait company were taking the pictures.

Got home today to find a huge framed photo of him, soo proud :D

Susan

Bella & Jack's Mummy
lol..Susan you mentioned the photo's

Bernie has WON a photo competition today. I entered him back in September, the Dog portrait company were taking the pictures.

Got home today to find a huge framed photo of him, soo proud :D
WOW that is fantastic, WELL DONE BERNIE XXXXXXX

starfish

Midwest US Region Moderator
Karen, that was so wonderful! One could just look at Bernie tho and fall in love!! Congrats!!!:D