Beau health troubles and success!!

Penny

Some time back Beau's mouth was terribly ulcered, everywhere. The roof of his mouth, his cheeks, under his tongue. It was awful. The vet considered that it could be cancer, and a biopsy ruled it out. It turned out that he was allergic to plaque on his teeth. It is very difficult to maintain such a problem since the dog doesn't especially want to co-operate to keep his mouth 'pristine'. The vet said we'll have to have his teeth cleaned every 3 months and he'll need drugs to help him out. (Who can pay for a cleaning every 3 months?? It's so expensive! and the drugs were brutal on his 11 yr old body)

I am so very proud to say it's been a year since his last cleaning, and he hasn't been on drugs for a very long time. We just sit down every night and clean his teeth.

I am so very fortunate we found a way to maintain this issue and keep him comfortable. If he had been living somewhere else, I think the family may have decided to put him down, it was pretty nasty.

My dentist will be submitting his photos to a professional dental magazine. lol He'll let me know if Beau makes it in.

So it's one year and doing well!!

vizzla

Oh Im so happy that you found a way to help him out! It sounds like a hard time having thoses allergies. Yes many people had put him down I supposes. He is so lucky you didnt and fight for him! :)
Hope he has many fine and happy days to come!

<3