:)

jax's_mommy

Well made it through Jax's first experience with fireworks. Didn't help to much with the neighbor's kids shooting them off next door, and in the field behind us. So, Jax would start whinning and trying to constantly get in our laps, or pacing around like a chicken with its head cut off.

So we decided to make it a interesting evening. Gave him treats/cookies when he was calm. Worked for a little bit, but I got some pictures :)

My husband tossed Jax a few pizza rolls (usually he will eat anything) he ate the first couple, this one was different. He left it alone (shocked us) he told him the kitties was going to get it, still nothing though that usually works lol. So when we went to pick it up, Jax grabbed it. Didn't want anyone to have it. SO he held onto it :)

And he loves his veggies as well :)

And near the end of the night he finally relaxed and went climbing in his toy box :D

babysis

That look in the first photo! Love it! Baby wanted to attack the fireworks! Sometimes I forget she is going to be 12 in November.

sherlock

How funny! "My pizza roll! I don't want it right now but still mine." Watson loves veggies too! I always give him that weird crunchy part at the bottom of a lettuce leaf, so now he gets excited when I make salad, haha!

As for fireworks, Watson just curls up in his nest and gives me the saddest, most pathetic look ever. He was so upset :(

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Mouse and Boo both like fruit and veggies. Sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, the crunchy part of lettuce, apples, oranges, blueberries, melons, green and yellow beans, peas, asparagus, squash... and more

Neither of them will eat carrots though, which is odd as carrots are usually the one veggie dogs love (they're full of sugar :) )

One of the reasons I liker deaf dogs better... thunderstorms and fireworks do not scare them! LOL

sherlock

We unfortunately don't do a whole lot in the way of fresh fruit and veggies (yay, we're poor! Haha) but I've found that Watson loves lettuce and broccoli, and I also buy frozen mixed veg (carrots, corn, peas, etc) and will give him a small frozen-together chunk when I cook them (which please him to no end, because ice is basically his favorite treat. ICE.)

And my parents beagle will eat absolutely anything except the leafy part of lettuce (the crunchy part is okay.) They used to have some apple trees in the backyard, and she would get so fat over the summer because she would pick her own apples to eat!! And she always stands in the kitchen when my mom is chopping up veggies for dinner, because she knows she'll get a bite here and there :)

jax's_mommy

I don't think I've given Jax any carrots yet. Wonder if he will eat them :)

I totally understand not being able to do a whole lot in that area. I'm in the same boat, got a extra paddle ;) lol It sucks but we do what we can.

We get a lot of our veggies/fruits from my husbands parents and aunt, sometimes too much so I share with Jax lol He loves it. :p