A gorgeous little deaf Double Dapple in WA

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
I got in contact with the rescue.... I think I'm going to try for him.... darn-it I dont need another dog, But he's GORGEOUS, and not too far away...

gpmum2

Aww he looks gorgeous, I am sure you can find a place for a little one at home :)

Fingers cross you get him or at least someone else who is as knowledgable with deaf dogs as you are

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Aww he looks gorgeous, I am sure you can find a place for a little one at home :)

Fingers cross you get him or at least someone else who is as knowledgable with deaf dogs as you are
He is gorgeous, and I can find a place for a guy like him, but he's seriously far away (15 or more hours driving... uggh) but if I want him badly enough, that's not an issue!

He doesn't need to go to someone knowledgeable about deafies. not really. deaf dogs are easy, and really no different than hearing dogs, except you talk with your hands. He needs someone able to work with his minor behavioral issues tho. He would make an excellent addition to my rag-tag pack, tho... I'd love to have him... mostly! LOL

Susan

Bella & Jack's Mummy
Would the shelter not be able to cpmpromise Sara and maybe meet you half way perhaps then the journey wouldnt be as long for you if you decided to have him.
I really think you a one of a kind Sara, your dogs are very lucky to have such a wonderful mummy x

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Would the shelter not be able to cpmpromise Sara and maybe meet you half way perhaps then the journey wouldnt be as long for you if you decided to have him.
I really think you a one of a kind Sara, your dogs are very lucky to have such a wonderful mummy x
We're going to see if we cant work out some sort of transport. My biggest issue is driving through the Mountains this time of year, especially the passes. I am used to driving in the flats... you may call me a Prairie Chicken, I dont mind LOL. The foster mom said if she's satisfied with everything, she wouldn't mind a bit of a road trip.

Susan, there are many, many, many people out there that do more for dogs than I ever will... unless I win the lottery, that is:D I rescue deaf dogs, because I like them better, I rescue because it's the right thing for me, I take dogs with issues, because they teach me... all selfish reasons, I assure you:rolleyes: The dogs give me everything they can, every thing they are, all they ask is food, time and love. Believe me, I get the better end of the deal.

The dogs are not lucky to have me, I am lucky to have them:)

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
We're getting closer... We only have a phone interview, and he's mine!!! His Foster Mom is seriously impressed with the video's i have of my deaf dog demo's and training... I think I sent her 7 links to my video's LOL. she bookmarked them for future use! She even said she'd wave his adoption fee for the perfect home... she likes me :))