Dachshund Mixes are cute to.

Lovebug219

Im posting some pics of Dachshund mixes. I have been considering posting them on my fb on on the forums because the are fun to look at at. But at the same time I was a bit apprehensive, due to the fact that some people get the ideas to breed and create "doxie hybrids" and sell them. There is enough dogs that need homes. I asked that you don't try to create dogs like these, even though they are very cute. I only want this to inspire people to adopt Dacshunds who need homes and Dacshund mixes as well from shelters. As well as a thread to view some of the mixed cuties.

Dachshund/BullDog

Dachshund/Chinese Crescent
Haha is hair is cute awwwww.

Chiweenie

Dachshund/Pitbull
Allot of people seemed confused when I talked about seeing pics of this mix. People must be thinking of the mini doxies and large pitbulls. However Im guessing this pooch was a offspring of a small pitbull and a standard-large size doxie.

Dachshund/Shnauzer

Last edited:

vizzla

Yes they are very cute but i dont like the idea of mixing dachsunds because of their constructions. It can cause lot of health issues. Look at the pitbull/dachs. It seems a bit heavy for that body?

Lovebug219

Yes they are very cute but i dont like the idea of mixing dachsunds because of their constructions. It can cause lot of health issues. Look at the pitbull/dachs. It seems a bit heavy for that body?
Oneday when I get my own place I will adopt a doxie or a doxie mix from the pound, humane society, or a rescue. I don't want to see people mix these dogs on purpose. The ones that exist are cute, but people should not try to create more. I bet mixed breed dachshunds have even more trouble finding homes then full breeds, as well.

The Pittbull/Dach is adorable. I have found pics of other pitt/Dach mixes. I really hope the mother was a pitbull, I would find it horrifying to think a little doxie gave birth to a puppy that was larger then most doxies have, if the puppies where to large during birth, the mother dog could die, or simply have complication, from giving birth. If the puppies where large enough they would be to big to pass through the birth canal, naturally. I had this same thought when I saw a black lab/dach

Last edited:

nikkinikola1

i have a pittbull/dachshund mix and he is the love of my life. His mother was the pit and the father a full size doxie. even though i agree creating new breeds isnt a job we need right now, the mixture of the two are amazing! He is easily the best dog i have ever owned. People look at me all the time wierd when i tell them what he is so thank you very much for making me NOT the only one out there:)

jax's_mommy

I love dachshund mixes, they make cute and sometimes funny looking pets :)

A few years ago I met a dachshund rottweiler mix. Very cute, looked like a short legged rottweiler :)

Bulldog/Doxie

Hey y'all

I actually own the English bulldog dachshund mix, Eve. I posted that photo on all mutt because I was desperate for some information. :) Still check from time to time to see if anyone out there has another...

I adopted her from a girl down in LA who was going to be dropping her off at the shelter because she couldn't care for her, so she was about 6 months old when I got her... She's almost 2 now.

I did have a question though - if anyone has any doxie mixes. She is rather disproportionate and stocky for her limbs - about 45lbs, but in balanced, good shape, extremely muscular. I'm not noticing any problems now with her hips, but I assume it will come up sooner rather than later due to her intense activity level. Does anyone have any good recommendations for supplements or options?

Non-pill form would be more helpful - extremely difficult to get her to do ANYTHING she doesn't want to do (quite stubborn), including eat a nasty pill, or be held down to get it in her mouth.

vizzla

Super cute :) But dachshund dont fit to be mixed with any dogbreed, because of their special features.