if you had to choose between these foods ??

stacey3272

Ok I have been on the merry go round of dog foods. Between this board and dog food rating site. I have narrowed down three choices that fit in my budget and I know is better then what I am feeding right now.

If you had to choose out of thee three

Merrick
Taste of the wild
Blue buffalo

I would go with earthborn If could find it closer to me and did not have to order on the internet and add 20 more dollars to the price to get it shipped to me. I might keep looking for a store not to far away.

stacey3272

Hi there! Could you put the first 5 ingredients of your choices?
Blue B Deboned chicken, chicken meal, turkey meal, peas, tapioca starch, chicken fat

merrick Ingredients: Deboned duck, turkey meal, salmon meal (source of omega 3 fatty acids), sweet potato, peas, lamb meal, potato, duck fat

Taste of the wild Ingredients: Bison, lamb meal, sweet potatoes, egg product, pea protein, peas, potatoes, canola oil, tomato pomace, roasted venison, roasted bison, flaxseed, potato fiber

Penny

Just on the first ingredients, I would pick Merrick. 'Ordinary' protein, and I like having some salmon to help combat dry coat in our cold and dry winter houses. I give my sweeties some omega 3 fatty acid supplement every day so they don't have flakey coats since the food they are on doesn't have salmon, at the moment. Their coats have been good this winter.

I like to stay within the 'ordinary' proteins so that if they develop an allergy, usually the vet says to change the protein. If you start off with an 'unusual' protein, where do you go if they become allergic to it?

stacey3272

Just on the first ingredients, I would pick Merrick. 'Ordinary' protein, and I like having some salmon to help combat dry coat in our cold and dry winter houses. I give my sweeties some omega 3 fatty acid supplement every day so they don't have flakey coats since the food they are on doesn't have salmon, at the moment. Their coats have been good this winter.

I like to stay within the 'ordinary' proteins so that if they develop an allergy, usually the vet says to change the protein. If you start off with an 'unusual' protein, where do you go if they become allergic to it?
I am blessed my little guys coat is very nice for the ok dog food he is on. what kind of omaga do you give is it just the human kind or is there kinds for dogs.Yu get such mix info from everyone. I read oh don't give them stuff with fish . Then others turn around and do. I know its what ever you perfer but really does it have to be this hard :)

Penny

It's from the vet called AllerG-3.
Vet Solutions AllerG-3 Capsules - Small Dogs caps

I bought the pump style since I have 3 dogs. It's a Omega-3 fatty acid supplement, but it also has Vitamins A, D, and E, to 'support renal and cardiovascular functions', in addition to skin and coat. Great for my 2 seniors.

You can always try one of those foods you picked out, slowly introduce another, and see over time if you and your sweetie have a preference.