Zoomies

I think it was Jax Mom that introduced me to the term "Zoomies." I felt that is the perfect term for Frank's little runs that he does most evenings.

I finally caught the end of one this evening. Hopefully, now I'll get it posted here:

If it doesn't work, I'll try again later on a "real computer", instead of my Ipad.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http:%2F%2Fvid186.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fx35%2Fpmhamilton%2FCAM00004-1.mp4">

sherlock

Ahhhh that was hilarious!!! We call it going zoom or zooms ("Ohh Watson go zoom!" or "Watson did some zooms earlier") and we got the term from my sister and her chihuahua. Watson looooves to go zoom up the hallway, back, and around the coffee table!

vizzla

Haha they need to run and they are so cute doing it :) We have a 1 bedrom appartment so not so much area to run on but they go out for long walks each day and now we kan let them loose on the ice so they just run for their life :)

Attachments

LBandGauge

We call that playing race car... Gauge is a mini wire hair and he runs full speed around the living room in thru the kitchen and back around and around furniture..

sherlock

Watson had epic zooms last night...but as soon as I got out my phone to make a video he stopped -_-

Watson had epic zooms last night...but as soon as I got out my phone to make a video he stopped -_-
And then none of your friends believe you. I was lucky to catch as much as I did.

It is really strange how they just start out of the blue, and then stop just as suddenly.

PD and Henry used to chase each other in the backyard when they were Frank's age. Because there were two of them, I thought it was an interactive game.

Henry is gone, and PD is too old to play chase for very long, so Frank is left to zooming around the house on his own.

sherlock

I swear it's like he just knows. Anytime I want to take a picture or video of him, he just stops whatever he was doing. It never fails.

mariethebee

I was talking to my husband about this last night, I took Izzy out to potty and Zoomies is all she wanted to do. We were cracking up, It's pretty dang cute:)

sherlock

So, on a note related to zoomies...Watson just did some ultra mega tail chasing. Like around and around 20ish times.

He then proceeded to stumble around for a bit! I've never seen a dog get dizzy like that before!!!

Doxmom

OMG - that was so cute, I'm still smiling!!!! Frank is adorable and we all know I'm partial to piebalds, anyway.

You really caught the video perfectly - seeing Frank dash across the threshold so many times, is so very funny...:D

It is a door stop.

We've had that thing for close to 30 years, and this is the first time I've noticed how it looks like it is really just embedded in the floor!

I managed my father-in-law's grocery store back in the 80's. One year we bought calendars to advertise the store and to hand out to the shrimpers that groceried out with us. The door stop was a gift from the calendar company for our order.

It has a wedge that you shove under the door to hold the door in place. I've never seen another one like it.

Thanks for asking.

HilyBee

hahahaha! Too cute! Yosuke runs around like that too. We tell him he's going "crazy" again. The cat either runs with him or tries to jump over him while he's running. I've tried several times to get it on video but it's always too dark to see or too blurry to tell what's going on. lol They are FAST when they run around.

He also goes crazy with his tail. Sometimes I don't think he really believes the his tail is attached. He will be rolling around, tugging on it, chasing it, biting it... it's hilarious! He'll just be walking and the catch it out of the corner of his eye and GAME. ON. lol Gotta love dachshunds.

Just because I couldn't place the context. I thought maybe the calendars were celbrating President's day, or something, but that wouldn't make sense because that would be too late in the year to be handing out calendars.

That was like 30 years ago, and things get a little fuzzy after storing them in the attic of my brain for that long.

I'm still trying to view the video. Is there a photobucket search I could try. "zoomies" got a lot of returns, but not yours. Everyone else is having all the fun!