What kind of activitys are you and your dog doing?

What kind of activity do you exercise?

• Agility

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Freestyle

• Rally-o

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Obedience

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Hunting

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Bloodtracking

• Tricktraining

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vizzla

THe dachshund is a hunting breed and needs to work.
Our dog loves to track (bloodtracking) and every game where he can use his nose. He is so good that we have to be more and more creative on where to hide his treats. Our dog doesnt like toys, only treats or prais from us.

We also have traind first class of rally, its so fun! Alf is a bit slow but does everything we ask him and was the fastest to learn on our class.

We builded our own agilitytrack this summer. He likes it but are a bit slow. We dont have the ambition to compete but its fun for us and our dog.

He has become a swedish blood tracking champion! :)

What are you doing with your dog?

vizzla

I forgot. We also hunt with him. My dad hunts rabbits. Me and my boyfriend is taking our huntingexam in spring 2012 :)

Inkeri

I'm going to start bloodtracking with Manu next spring, it should be fun. (we have already practised with sausage trail) ;) Manu loves to use his nose also. We hide his toys and treats around the house daily for him to search. :)

We train obedience and a little bit of agility also, but those are just for fun. :) Manu loves toys and playing and he's very good at fetching. He swims a lot during summer time and loves to fetch toys in water, but he's not a hunting dog. We went to see a real fox twice, but he just tried to play with the fox (the fox wasn't into playing, though..)......... :D And he's seen a rabbit run right in front of him and he just stared at it. Silly dog. :)

vizzla

Haha ok interesting! Our dog will not under any circomstances fetch anything. We tried everything but he wont. I always wanted to learn him to "clean up" - when he pics his toys up and put them in a box but I can just forget that ;)

Our dog runs like H*ll when he sees a rabbit, bird or a reindeer. We cant have him loos averywhere. At our summerhous he can be loose. There he wont even chaise the neighbours cat.

Funny dogs, so similar but so different :)