Do you dress up your dog?

• Yes, in any kind I like

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I would never do that in any way

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vizzla

I dont mean a coat to keep them warm or dry but cloathes like dresses, caps, shoes, shorts?

I dont thinkt its right to the animals, not that they suffer physicaly but it doesnt look comfortably and I dont think humas should use animals for dress upp, that for dolls. Its the view of animals I dont like with poeple dressing their pet like humans.

I hear that in Japan or China they collor their dogs and/or make them look like wild animals. Cute, sure! But our dogs dont have that need to dress up and as I said, animals are not dolls. They have integrity and should be animals, doing what they are supposed to do.

WillysMama

Hmmm, I think my profile pic says it all. :) Seriously, that was his halloween costume. I took him to PetSmart one year for their Halloween costume contest. Other than that, I have a cute little rain coat for him complete with a hood that I'll put on him when it's raining really hard. And that's just for the backyard so that he doesn't come back in soaking wet.

Steph

Ree HATES clothes period. I have a heck of a time getting him to wear a sweater when it's freezing out (we're talking like -20C) I do have a hat for him in the summertime to protect his eyes from the sun. (I've heard that dogs, like humans can suffer damage to their eyes from the sun's rays) but other than that, I don't make him wear clothes because he's not comfortable wearing them...my shih tzu cross boys on the other hand love clothes - probably because my daughter spent hours dressing them up in dolly clothes when they were little puppies.

Inkeri

Manu only has winter-coat for the very cold days. I don't like the idea of clothing dogs either... Why?? If you want to dress something, buy a doll. I even saw this tv-show with Victoria Stillwell and she said that dogs might be more aggressive towards each other if they're dressed, because the clothes hide their body language.

Steph

I would tend to agree with Victoria on the score that clothes hide body language. It's hard for us to read dog body language when they're all dressed up, so I can see where a clothed dog would get picked on/ attacked by another dog while clothed.