Well I did it

GJBain

After losing our 17 year old girl Samantha back in June we decided to get another Dachshund. She is a red smooth standard even though by the pictures you would not know it, she looks more like a black and tan but she will be dark red when she is an adult. Say hello to Brandy.

Last edited:

Penny

OOooooooo!!! I wonder if she is a wild boar. Are any of her hairs banded, like red close to the root but black at the tip?

Congrats on the new girl. Wishing her many happy, loving, healthy years with your family. Is her nick name going to be Brandy Beans? Yum. Love those during the Christmas holidays. lol

GJBain

OOooooooo!!! I wonder if she is a wild boar. Are any of her hairs banded, like red close to the root but black at the tip?

Congrats on the new girl. Wishing her many happy, loving, healthy years with your family. Is her nick name going to be Brandy Beans? Yum. Love those during the Christmas holidays. lol
I will have to look closer at her hair. Her nickname is Brandy Kisses (baisers) french for kisses because she is from Canada and all she does is kiss (and bite!!!). :)

crystalclear1027

Wow!! She is growing fast. Again, she is a real beauty. How are you getting along with her? What has she been up too? Is she independent? Or one that has to be sitting on you constantly???

GJBain

Wow!! She is growing fast. Again, she is a real beauty. How are you getting along with her? What has she been up too? Is she independent? Or one that has to be sitting on you constantly???
Potty training is going very well. But she is a biter and a mischief girl. Loves to steal peoples shoes and other things around the house when you are not looking. She is not a lap sitter yet. Or at least she does not like to sit to well yet. Has to bite everything for a bit until she gets tired and falls asleep on her people. I hope this changes because our last Dachshund was such a good lap dog. I miss that.

Penny

Look how big she's getting. Exploring the mirror!! That's always a fun experience for us, huh? lol Very cute.