The opossum hunter

RaginCajun

Ok tonight is the 7th time in the last 6 months are so that Rusty has brought a dead opossum to the back door.Every morning when I let him out he runs to the same tree and barks for a while.And now he has little Dixon doing it too.He also has left a baby rabbit and a two rats in the past by the back door.I think its great that he loves to hunt.And was wondering if anyone else here has had there dachshunds do this?

RaginCajun

Her breath must of smelled good after,lol.I think Rusty likes it untill they stop moving.Once it's dead he shows no interest.And will just wag his tale like did I do good daddy?

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Her breath must of smelled good after,lol.I think Rusty likes it untill they stop moving.Once it's dead he shows no interest.And will just wag his tale like did I do good daddy?
Awe how cute is that! Mouse was like "NO IT'S MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and took off running LOL

vizzla

We are testing Alf for hunting rabbits with my dad. Me and my boyfriend are taking our hunters degree now but he cant chase rats or anything else here at home, just in the woods on hunting trips ;) I think your dog seems happy doing his part of hunting on your yard ;)