Texas newbie

woodsguy

Hello, we have 2 longhaired babies! 1 black/cream and I guess the other would be called dapple! 1 boy/1 girl. We also had a beautiful girl named Gypsy for 12 years to she passed away.

Boy I sure love these dogs!

Attachments

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Hi and welcome! I have a rescue dog from Texas... I call him the Texas Terrier LOL He was flown up to me to foster because I am experienced with deaf dogs and reactive/dog aggressive dogs... He turned out to not be deaf, but he's def. fear aggressive!

koshka

Super Moderator
Hi Deaf! I just want to say that I really admire what you do! I in the past used to foster cats for the SPCA hospital and I never sent one back - always managed to find good homes for them! Hubby and I now have 2 doxies...Molly and Sam and we just love them. We also have 2 cats...Nikka and George...and hubby on a daily basis says he is going to get another Doxie. We are considering maybe fostering but really need more space in our house......
Anyway,,,just wanted to say that it is really neat what you do!

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Hi Deaf! I just want to say that I really admire what you do! I in the past used to foster cats for the SPCA hospital and I never sent one back - always managed to find good homes for them! Hubby and I now have 2 doxies...Molly and Sam and we just love them. We also have 2 cats...Nikka and George...and hubby on a daily basis says he is going to get another Doxie. We are considering maybe fostering but really need more space in our house......
Anyway,,,just wanted to say that it is really neat what you do!
Thank you. I dont foster often, but sometimes a special case comes along that I just have to help. Unfortunately, those special cases are really hard to let go, which is why I failed fostering with Oliver. I prefer dogs with issues, and much prefer deaf dogs to any other dog. Its for selfish reasons tho, as deaf dogs are easier to own. There are so many people out there who do way more than I do, and they are truly admirable. I just like dogs;) and truly enjoy training.