Taking my doxie to the same vet his companion passed away at?

rebeccaab0219

On September 3rd, we lost our sweet, 2 year old doxie, Mia, to an aggressive auto immune disorder, which we didn't know she had. She'd never shown any type of health problems prior to the 1-2 days before she passed away.

When we took Mia to the vet's office, we took our other doxie with us. The last thing I thought could happen that day was hearing the doctor say my baby's heart stopped. And in a way, I'm very glad our other doxie was there to see and acknowledge what happened. Loosing her was very hard on all of us. It was so unexpected, and our doxies had always been inseparable.

Now getting to the point of the posting;
We had to take Mia to a new vet's office, (our usual vet was closed this day). Since Mia passed away, we found out that our usual vet is retiring and closing his office. We've been thinking about making this other vet's office our new permanent vet, but I'm worried that taking our other doxie there will make him depressed again.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with taking their pet back to the same office they witnessed their companion pass away at? Or, should I try to find another office?

Thank you!

Hunter's Parade

I don't think they see it that way. She may be sad about the fact that her friend died , but I don't think something will happen if you take her to the place she died.

Penny

I don't have that specific experience but go and keep it upbeat. Keep a happy and relaxed tone and smile. Go a few times and have the staff give treats and pats. He'll have that experience to remember.