Rosie has a tick (not the bug) in her shoulder

Melissa98409

You know how you get that tick in you eye and it is just annoying...Rosie has one of those in her shoulder. Normally, I wouldn't be worried about something like this, except that she is kind of sulking, won't jump up on the couch, or even stand on her hind legs to have you pick her up, and when you do pick her up some times she squeals like she is in pain. This is not normal behavior for her. Normally she is all wiggles and full of energy. She doesn't even boss my GSD around anymore.

She eats, poops, pees, and walks just fine. She will even run. She's alert and not lethargic, but she's just not herself. She is a teacup mini doxon. She's only about 4 pounds. We keep her trim, because we know that they have back issues, and we don't let her jump a lot, but she's usually like a little spring.

Has anyone had this happen?

Even if it seems like nothing its a good idea to get it checked out by a Vet. You can never be too careful! I have never heard of a Teacup Miniature Dachshund before, but like any designer breed they are more predisposed to back, joint, and other problems just from being so tiny. You might want to talk to a vet about certain vitamin supplements you can get to help counteract these problems, they are very beneficial and can even give a shinier, more healthy coat!
Good luck! :)