Roached back

Hunter's Parade

So I have a problem,not a huge one,but it drives me nuts.Last year I had a litter from my female,I kept one girl from the litter for shows,when she was little,she had perfect back,all normal,very perspective for shows,in her first show she got BOB puppy.Now she is 10 months and I start to see what I see in her mother...a bit roached back.It just drives me crazy!Yesterday I made her online pedigree on dachspedigrees.com and ALL her relatives has perfect backs,but her mother and grandmother,and so this goes to the next generation.Makes me sad,she has beautiful underline,correct front and rear angulation,correctly set tail and ears,beautiful head,color,wonderful temperament,but the back just ruins everything...Many people tells me swimming helps a lot,but I also have her aunt(her mother's litter mate) who also has a bit roached back,she is now 3,5 years old,loves swimming,but the back still is roached,but not that much(if you look at my profile picture you see a normal,level back)
Does anyone have experience how to get rid of this roached back?Is there anything I can do to straighten it?

Just so you know how roached the back is I post the mother,I took this picture yesterday.She hates swimming and actually can't swim at all,so I haven't done anything with it.

Her daughters back is a little bit better than hers.

GJBain

So I have a problem,not a huge one,but it drives me nuts.Last year I had a litter from my female,I kept one girl from the litter for shows,when she was little,she had perfect back,all normal,very perspective for shows,in her first show she got BOB puppy.Now she is 10 months and I start to see what I see in her mother...a bit roached back.It just drives me crazy!Yesterday I made her online pedigree on dachspedigrees.com and ALL her relatives has perfect backs,but her mother and grandmother,and so this goes to the next generation.Makes me sad,she has beautiful underline,correct front and rear angulation,correctly set tail and ears,beautiful head,color,wonderful temperament,but the back just ruins everything...Many people tells me swimming helps a lot,but I also have her aunt(her mother's litter mate) who also has a bit roached back,she is now 3,5 years old,loves swimming,but the back still is roached,but not that much(if you look at my profile picture you see a normal,level back)
Does anyone have experience how to get rid of this roached back?Is there anything I can do to straighten it?

Just so you know how roached the back is I post the mother,I took this picture yesterday.She hates swimming and actually can't swim at all,so I haven't done anything with it.

Her daughters back is a little bit better than hers.
I know how you feel, well kind of. We bought our female Brandy, as a pet I might add, with the intention of having a beautiful Standard Smooth hair. Turns out she has great tempermant and is a beautiful Dachshund with terrible terrible thining hair. The kicker to it all is the breeder who breeds show dogs had one female that had a roached back and we almost took her but I did not care for her back and was worried she may have back trouble with age. We were told she found a home for her and her back has straightened out with time. Her hair is probably beautiful knowing my luck.

At any rate our Brandy is a great dog with thin hair.