Real Dachshund?

murman

He is. Little needle like teeth lol. He’s biting everything in sight. That’s a great idea. He’s also got tons of energy

murman

he had ear mites, but the vet gave him something that cleared it up. He's a comforting dog and I love him. He's very active and rambunctious. I have some photos on my phone just need to get them off my phone. Will post photo later. Phones don't make good cameras imo, but the files on camera are to big to be accepted.

CaseyKC

I have a special fondness for black and tans because my last little girl, who passed away from a brain tumor was the one dog that I guess you could call my soul mate. I didn't want another one though because after she died, I was a total emotional mess. Every time I saw a navy fleece throw blanket on the sofa out of the corner of my eye, I would be startled, thinking it was her, or my husband's boots in the closet, or almost anything small and dark would set me off. I also didn't want another puppy, well, yes I did, but due to my age, I didn't want to die and leave a new puppy behind. So many sad stories from when I worked with a dachshund rescue group. After a very long and depressing search, I found Annie. She is a little red girl, was pulled out of the show ring because she was so anxious in strange situations with strange people. After she had several litters, the breeder who owned her let me come to see her. After I sat quietly chatting with the owners, I remained sitting and began talking softly to her. She actually came over and put her paw on my leg. I asked her if she wanted to come up and apparently she did, so I picked her up and she settled in my lap. The breeder decided that she had chosen me because she never goes to new people. I had to wait until she had her puppies and they were weaned before I got her, but she is 100% my dog and will not go to anyone else, not even my husband. She will be 6 years old later this month, but has been with me for one year and nine months.

murman

I’m sorry to hear of your loss. This is my first Black and Tan. The last one was red, a female. She was also my soulmate. My wife passed on, will be 3 yrs this November, so the dog Sally consumed most of my time after that. A friend gave her to me. I never knew her age, but I was the 3rd owner. She took to me right off. The past owners neglected her though. She had heart worms, phenomena, and something wrong with her pancreas. Spent 2weeks at a university medical hospital. Despite all that she lived 3yrs. I swore I’d never get another dog. I’m now a 68yr old batchelor. I got this one, a puppy, but he’ll be taken good care of if something happens to me. You’re story is almost a mirror image of mine. Sally passed just this April. Almost killed me. I had her cremated, think about her everyday. She was such a good dog. Thanks though for sharing your experience with me. I hope she’ll live long with you

loraonya

He looks cute. Please do send pictures of him as he grows. I have been a proud owner of a dachshund for a few months already and it is amazing. I am a first time dog owner and it is an interesting experience to say the least. I have been having a lot of fun with my puppy but training her has been kind of hard for e, even though she is extremely smart and obedient there have been a few hurdles that we had to overcome. I have talked to some dachshund owners and they all suggested I take a look at a website about dachshunds. You guys can check it here: https://dachshund-training.com/. I have found a lot of useful information there not only about training but also about nutrition and different potential health issues. I think for a first-time dachshund owners it is a very useful thing especially now during the pandemic. Anyways good luck with your doggy

Last edited: