Potty Training

NHarvey91

Hi Everyone!

I hope you you provide me with a little assistance, tips, tricks, etc. on potty training my puppy!

My 11 week old puppy is soiling (pee and poop) her bed during the day when I am at work. I have her blocked off in half of my kitchen, with her bed, water bowl, toys and pee pads available (sprayed with an attractant). I'm unsure why she is doing this, as I've never had a puppy soil their bed, instead of going on the floor or the pee pads that are provided. I'm not sure if she's doing it out of spite because I am leaving her, separation anxiety or something else.

Has anyone had this issue or can provide me with some tips on how to correct this?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Natalie

Hi Everyone!

I hope you you provide me with a little assistance, tips, tricks, etc. on potty training my puppy!

My 11 week old puppy is soiling (pee and poop) her bed during the day when I am at work. I have her blocked off in half of my kitchen, with her bed, water bowl, toys and pee pads available (sprayed with an attractant). I'm unsure why she is doing this, as I've never had a puppy soil their bed, instead of going on the floor or the pee pads that are provided. I'm not sure if she's doing it out of spite because I am leaving her, separation anxiety or something else.

Has anyone had this issue or can provide me with some tips on how to correct this?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Natalie
She is a puppy, very much like a baby. Has she had her shots yet? Do you have a yard you can take her outside before you leave? If she has not had all of her shots she should not be going out for walks yet. 11 weeks is so young. I don't think dogs do anything out of spite, if anything it's you leaving.
How long is she left alone all day?
You could try to leave an old tee shirt with your scent on it for her and leave some calming music playing.

BBRex

Doxie lady is right about your dog being too young to do anything out of spite. My puppy is a picky bathroom goer, and she will often hold it to the point of being very uncomfortable if she's not in our backyard. It might that your puppy feels safe around her bed, so that's where she goes potty.

Lynn

When I first got my little chin he would pee all the time on his blanket in his crate. Then I found out that they had used a blanket for a potty pad for the pups. I switched his bed to the mesh type that are off the ground and put the blanket with pee pads on top of them for him to use. Within a few days he was peeing on the pads and not on his bed any longer. I then removed the blankets and just kept on with the pads.