Need Help Popping sound

Dserv

Hello. I am new to the forum and I have 2 little dachshunds. One pup, LaLa, is 16 months old, weighs about 12.5 lbs and is very long. She constantly has a “popping” sound in her neck although shows absolutely no signs of pain, distress or discomfort. She eats, plays with her brother, runs, etc. I brought her to my vet who cannot find anything abnormal. I’ve spoken to another vet group that said unless I can trigger the popping sound there’s nothing they can really do. I have had my hand on her neck while laying in bed and Felt the pop although nothing seems to be out of place but I cannot imagine this is normal. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I will do absolutely anything as a preventative measure to make sure she does not have issues in the future. Thank you everyone for your time

CaseyKC

I think I would try to take her to a university animal hospital where they offer degrees in Veterinary Medicine. If you do not have one near you, ask on Dodgerslist.com to see if they can recommend a veterinarian with a focus on dachshund neck and spine medicine. Another thought is if you have a dachshund kennel club in your area, call them for a vet near you. Let us know how it is going. Best of luck for you and your little one.