Pemphigus?

jeanie402000

Does anyone know anything about this? My poor little Molly came down with this 4 months ago. She's on clavomox, diflucan, and claritin. And I'm bathing her regularly with a bacterial pet shampoo. She isn't getting any better. She has sores on and inside of her ears, on her face and neck, and feet. And I believe they are even in her mouth now. Poor baby is miserable and just barely eating. The only thing I can get her to eat is meat baby food thinned down with chicken broth. And I've been mixing a high calorie food additive into it. I'm afraid if she doesn't take a turn for the better soon, I have have to euthanize her :( Help!

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
I have no idea what that is... Poor baby! What does the vet say? what kind of prognosis is there? I'm off to google it now.

Frodo&Sadie

poor puppy

Hello, what happened to your dog? My dog Frodo has the same exact symptoms and the vet thinks it's an auto immune disorder: Pemphigus. She put him on antibiotics and a medicated shampoo for his sores and a higher dose of prednisone to help calm his system and help comfort him. She said I can still give him benadryl which really helps with his comfort too. I'd like to hear what you've found out too!

Thanks