Parvoooo!!!!!:,(

Ilovemylily

My lily lily got parvovirus!! I took her to the vet cause she had been sik all day today:( shes being treated pray for her!! Shes only 3 mnths old!

DonRamon

Ninja
Sorry to hear that, i hope she will get better. I know a guy who breeds american bully pups, and he had outbreak of parvo on 5 of his pups, he said it cost him a lot in vet bills, but they all got saved.

Btw what were the symptoms of your dog?

Steph

I am so, so sorry to hear that. I hope she makes it.

Don, there are many symptoms to parvo and not every dog will experience them all. The most common ones are bloody, foul smelling diarrhea, vomiting and lethargy. In recent cases where I work, we witnessed vomiting and lethargy only before the pups tested with a very strong positive for parvo. This is one scary disease and it costs ALOT to treat it because you have to have round the clock care due to IV lines to keep hydration up. I believe the one family spent a few grand before the pup came around.

Ilovemylily

Yap! My baby was acting really tired she slept all day almost! Then she started throwing up she didnt have bad diarhea! So i thought it was a puppy thing to be tired and sleepy! But the throwing up worried me so i rushed her to the vet! So far its been 150! For all her ivs until she gets better i hope it doesnt go up too high!

Ilovemylily

What would u do!!????

Oh guys i dont know what to do anymore! Its been a week and lily is not doing any better she has been drinking water but no food whatsoever yet! :,( the vet says its pretty much a fifty fifty thing she migh survive or might not! I dont want to see her suffer like this she is skin and bones! She tries to get up and wags her tail and tries to run but is too weak and falls over i dont know if i should just end her missery or wait and ssee if it gets better. What would u do?

Last edited:

DonRamon

Ninja
Oh guys i dont know what to do anymore! Its been a week and lily is not doing any better she has been drinking water but no food whatsoever yet! :,( the vet says its pretty much a fifty fifty thing she migh survive or might not! I dont want to see her suffer like this she is skin and bones! She tries to get up and wags her tail and tries to run but is too weak and falls over i dont know if i should just end her missery or wait and ssee if it gets better. What would u do?
Personally i would not give up, but its up to u :(

Steph

She's made it through the first critical 72 hours, don't give up on her yet. She's obviously got the determination to fight this nasty virus. Lots of TLC should bring her around. It may take a little while to make her look like a puppy again, but don't give up hope, she's done the hard part now she needs you to help her with the rest :D

No food for a week? Even if she is better from the parvo maybe some nourishment would help her get her strength back. Can she get a little dextrose or something in an IV? Is there such a thing as doggie Ensure or anything with a few calories to add to her water? Lick peanut butter off your finger? Baby food? I don't know the answers so maybe a call to the vet is in order. I wouldn't be standing after a week without food either!
Let us know what's happening.

Ilovemylily

Oh ya i took her to the vet the minute she started acting different! The said she had parvo so she would not take any food we have been giving her iv fluids every day since! So heres the update: she started having interest in food and water slowily of course not the same as a normal puppy! :( but new problem she seems to be going blind.... We dint know why test have been done and were waiting....she started walking in circles the vet thinks is really really weird.. Ahhh my poor baby .....

Steph

:( That's no good. I hope it's only temporary, the poor dear has been through so much already.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Parvo can affect their nervous systems. If I remember correctly, it's the extremely high fever that can cause neurological damage. It's a very scary disease,

Ilovemylily

The vet thought she had a liver shunt but she doesnt so for now we think its the malnutrition shes eating now thnk god i wish i could post of video of her attacking her food plate:)