Our new fur babies

Nydia

Well it's been an interresting few weeks since the two pups came into our lives.
Oscar is the White/Black dapple he is missing one eye and has some vision in the other eye but that does not stop him. Lucky for us he can hear just fine :). He also had puppy strangles and has been fighting this even today. He is much better than he was but is still on medication. The skin on his nose is the only remaining problem but as you can see from the pictures it's getting better everyday.
The meds make it very difficult to potty train because they make him very thirsty and he has to pee pee every hour practically. He has gotten better and can now go 4 hours at night so we are finally getting some sleep. He is a lover and has adopted us like no other dog ever has. Pictures of Oscar below from when we got him to today.
SANY0040.jpg

SANY0080.jpg

SANY0092.jpg

Nydia

Ok second pup is JAX he is sooooo funny and full of energy! But what a cry baby at night. But like Oscar he is now starting to sleep 4 hour at night Thank you God! :D
He has no health issues so far that we have been able to see and the vet has given him a good check and has found nothing wrong.

SANY0068.jpg

SANY0086.jpg

SANY0088.jpg

Nydia

His is my favorite time with them! Shhhhhh please dont wake them.

Lily got fixed about a week after we got the pups and it took her a little time to recover but she's also doing very well. It was a fight to the finish since she was about dried up and the pups came home and wanted to nurse again. We had to go out and buy a baby outfit to put on her to keep them off her.

The old man Streach has been a great guy and lets the pups sleep with him and pull on his ears and tail. He is getting along great with all of them although he also wishes they would sleep more LOL!

I'm so tired these day I dont even know how many weeks they have been with us cuz it seems like MONTHS! My husband and I take turns every other night so that one of us can try to get some sleep. We would do it all over again of course but we cant wait till they are sleeping more hours during the night. ;)

SANY0075.jpg

SANY0093.jpg

SANY0056.jpg

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
THANK YOU!!!!!

I am totally and completely in love with Oscar! He would match my two... so just tell me where you live and I'll come visit (steal) him LOL

Lily and Jax are stunning dapples.

and what a good boy Stretch is!

Nydia

Oscar has come a long way. My husband has really got attached to him and Oscar to him. I just wish he would completely heal so we can take him off the meds. I'm sure that would make potty training much easier.
His little nose is very delicate and splits open easily. I have some special cream I have to put on him once a day. But it was all the way up his nose and around one eye and now as you can see from the picture is mostly at the ridge of his nose. If he would stop sticking his nose were it does not belong he would probably be completely healed by now LOL.

He does look a lot like your little guys :). Everyone that meets him thinks he is soooooo cute. We don't take him out much because the vet has not wanted to continue his shots due to his low immune system but we are scheduled for next week for the second set. It will be nice when we don't have to worry about taking him out.

Well it's bath time fun for them all. Then work for me.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
I wouldn't vaccinate until he's completely recovered and healed. He can wait a bit, it wont hurt him, but you would do well to find some fully vaccinated dogs for him to meet and socialize with.

Nydia

That has been one of my biggest worry thankfully we have Thor, Chance and Streach for now other than his mommy and brother.
The vet said to wait a little bit longer also after I talked to her. So we will wait and keep him safe while we do. The last thing we need is parvo along with everything else.

Nydia

they are adorable i like jax hes pretty. Well what is puppy strangles?[/

Puppy Strangles

Check out this site it shows exactly how Oscar looked it's very informative. Not many vets diagnose it right away. I actually told the vet that was treating him what I thought it was and brought the info on it.

My vet knew right away because she had actually seen it a few other times and told me this is something that is not taught in vet school. To prove the point she called in a brand new vet she had just hired that week and had her look at Oscar. She had no clue and had never seen it before she was amazed.