Our first ever post... Hair trim question

InkyDog

Hi fellow doxie owners and lovers!

I have a 9 month old long hair dapple mini dachshund named Inky, whom I love to the moon and back!

Anyway, I took him to the groomer yesterday for the first time for a bath, nail trim, ear cleaning, and just a hair trim around the bum (we've been having dingleberry issues.. Yuck!) ears and tail. They did a fine job, and he smells wonderful, but they trimmed his ears so short!! I miss his disheveled look already from his long messy ears.

I started worrying that maybe it won't grow back, because their hair doesn't just grow forever, right? Can anybody alleviate my fears and fill me in on how long it might take for his ears to grow out just a bit?

Thanks in advance!

GJBain

Hi fellow doxie owners and lovers!

I have a 9 month old long hair dapple mini dachshund named Inky, whom I love to the moon and back!

Anyway, I took him to the groomer yesterday for the first time for a bath, nail trim, ear cleaning, and just a hair trim around the bum (we've been having dingleberry issues.. Yuck!) ears and tail. They did a fine job, and he smells wonderful, but they trimmed his ears so short!! I miss his disheveled look already from his long messy ears.

I started worrying that maybe it won't grow back, because their hair doesn't just grow forever, right? Can anybody alleviate my fears and fill me in on how long it might take for his ears to grow out just a bit?

Thanks in advance!
I do not know as I have always had smooth hair Dachshunds - No trimming required. :D

JPsMOM

I have read that it won't grow back the same...that it will look more "fuzzy", but I am not sure. I only trim around my boys toes and give him a sanitary trim. Hope it grows back for you!

Sent via tapatalk

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
It should grow back just fine. Shaving will ruin the coat, but a little scissoring here and there wont. Not sure how long it'll take tho.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk