Oscar Meyer the Wiener Dog - RIP

dgc333

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347443688.079894.jpg

We lost our Oscar to cancer on Monday. His health had deteriorated to the point that we put him to sleep so that he wouldn't suffer any longer.

In July he started being fussy about his food so we tried something new. He hoovered the new food down like always but would through it up with in an hour. A trip to the vet didn't reveal anything so he was put on a bland diet and was given some meds to settle his stomach. That seemed to work and with in a week he was back eating a regular food and was keeping it down. But his energy level kept dropping. Back to the vet again where a full blood and urine work up was done. The results showed his kidneys were failing so he immediately was put antibiotics incase it was an infection and a med to help his kidneys. Our vet referred us to an animal hospital that ultra sound equipment on site. The ultra sound showed his abdomen was full of tumors. The next day they used the ultra sound to guide needles into the tumors for a biopsy. The oncologist determined it was a type of cancer that could not be treated with chemo and with the large quantity of the tumors he was not a candidate for surgery. We were given the bad news that he had 3-4 weeks, that was about 3 weeks ago.

The picture below was his last really good day when had a long walk at the local conservation area.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347444701.265426.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1347444721.871497.jpg

He is and will be missed. Good bye my friend.

Last edited:
I am so sorry. It hurts in suprising ways to lose a companion/family member like Oscar. He looks like he was a beautiful dog.

garyd

My heart is broken for you in your loss. May you find comfort in the memories of the times you shared with your beloved Oscar.