OMG!!! 77lb Dachshund!!!

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvZ7ykR3dDo"]Obie, the obese dachshund. - YouTube[/ame]

Poor POOR dog!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ilovemylily

Omg I saw that!!!! Could not believe it when I saw that!!!! I hope he gets his weight back to normal poor thing!

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Me too. she's feeding him crap Purina... Says it's high protein, low-cal food, and he gets 2 cups a day, but only 500 cals altogether... can you imagine how shitty that food is? there wont be any healthy bio-available, animal proteins, just veggie protein, which is very hard for dogs to digest, and it's hard on their kidneys...

He's losing 2 lbs a week... which seems awfully fast, imo

PrettyPenny

Me too. she's feeding him crap Purina... Says it's high protein, low-cal food, and he gets 2 cups a day, but only 500 cals altogether... can you imagine how shitty that food is? there wont be any healthy bio-available, animal proteins, just veggie protein, which is very hard for dogs to digest, and it's hard on their kidneys...

He's losing 2 lbs a week... which seems awfully fast, imo
Exactly. She is also feeding him carrots, which I see no issue with normally, but carrots turn to sugar and that helps store fat. Something a severely obese dog doesn't need! She claims to be educated in canine nutrition...but it sure as hell doesn't seem like it.

Uguys should write to her?!!:)
I tried. She doesn't want suggestions and she deletes anything that isn't praise or pledges from the Facebook wall. She feels veterinarian advice is enough, when vets aren't all that educated in nutrition. Poor dog. I just wish they would have found someone better suited.