Non destructible Bed

foxycharlotte

So even though I try to get my girls nice things, like expensive bed to sleep on in there play pen. Instead of a crate, I put them in a upside down play pen for dogs so my oldest does not have to climb over anything with her back. But to my dismay while trying to arrange the fluff in the bed just so they always seem to rip it up and I have to buy another one.

Is there any recommendation on a bed that they can adjust, but not rip up from repeated scratching while trying to get situated to sleep?

Lupita

My girls have destroyed countless beds. I finally bought them an indestructible one. It's called a Maxx pet bed. It fits perfectly in the medium-sized crate they share and is machine-washable. They've had it for almost a year and have done no damage to it whatsoever!

foxycharlotte

My girls have destroyed countless beds. I finally bought them an indestructible one. It's called a Maxx pet bed. It fits perfectly in the medium-sized crate they share and is machine-washable. They've had it for almost a year and have done no damage to it whatsoever!
I found the bed your referring to, but it doesn't seem thick enough for my older dachshund. I typically get thicker bed so she is more comfortable. About how thick is it? Can it be dried in a drier? Does the inside material move around when washed?

Sorry for all the questions its been heck finding a bed for them.

Lupita

Yup, you can dry it on low heat. The material stays intact. My older girl is almost 8 and she seems quite comfortable on it. I give my girls a few blankets in their kennel to burrow in since they don't destroy those!

foxycharlotte

Yup, you can dry it on low heat. The material stays intact. My older girl is almost 8 and she seems quite comfortable on it. I give my girls a few blankets in their kennel to burrow in since they don't destroy those!
I will have to order one of these beds with a couple cheap blankets. It sounds like I may have found the answer to my prayers. My oldest turns 8 in the spring so know how old yours is make me feel much better that they will like it.

See I don't understand they destroy beds, but not blankets, lol.

Lupita

It's totally the stuffing! I swear mine think dog beds are just giant stuffies, waiting to be killed! We probably went through at least 10 beds in the first 6 months after I got my puppy. I hope the Maxx bed works for yours!

foxycharlotte

Me too. And once the stuffing is out, boy is it a mess. Mine scatter it to the moon and beyond. Thanks for turning me to this bed.

foxycharlotte

Sure. I bought mine at amazon. Here is the link

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/MidWest-Maxx-Bed-24-Inch-Black/dp/B005OTJIZK"]Amazon.com : MidWest Maxx Bed, 35 by 24-Inch, Black : Pet Beds : Pet Supplies[/ame]

foxycharlotte

So my girls have had this bed as well as a towel and it seems that they get very bored when they try to dig in the bed. They have started to figure out the stuffing is not going to come out and the bed is not going to rip open. I will update farther down the road to see how long it lasts, but so far it is looking promising.