No diagnosis

KOA'S POP

Hi folks, my name is Steven. Our girl's name is KOA. Her issue is sudden lack of desire to jump or go to any Heights above 2 in. She is a tweener with stubby legs of 3 in. We have been to multiple vet visit multiple x-rays and also to a surgical center in Colorado Springs. The only thing they will tell us he is after the ultrasound they found no issues with any organs and can only guess, and I say guess here, that her back has a disk issue. The diagnosis was not acceptable to me. I understand I may be wrong. But I know my girl. Has anyone had an issue similar to this?

CaseyKC

Have you been to Dodger's List to read up about back issues and IVDD? If the vet even thinks it mas be a disc issues, I would go to Dodger's List and read up on the non surgical method of crate rest. It is a long six to eight weeks, but if it is a disc issue, it may prevent further damage and give it a chance to heal. In the past, I fostered several dachshunds with back issues and in all cases they benefited from crate rest. I highly recommend the information you will find there, and can't emphasize enough how important it is to follow the advice to the letter. Best wishes for a complete recovery.
Hi folks, my name is Steven. Our girl's name is KOA. Her issue is sudden lack of desire to jump or go to any Heights above 2 in. She is a tweener with stubby legs of 3 in. We have been to multiple vet visit multiple x-rays and also to a surgical center in Colorado Springs. The only thing they will tell us he is after the ultrasound they found no issues with any organs and can only guess, and I say guess here, that her back has a disk issue. The diagnosis was not acceptable to me. I understand I may be wrong. But I know my girl. Has anyone had an issue similar to this?

KOA'S POP

Casey, thank you for that information! Super helpful for us we were kind of doing that but now we understand the importance of follow-through and complete bed rest thanks to your guidance in helping us to the right information. We will post more to the thread as koa's recovery continues

CaseyKC

One thing that reduced a lot of stress
was when my husband took two of my (now adult) son's skateboards, side by side, and mounted a crate on them. This way we could move the crate and recovering dachshund from room to room without disturbing or removing the dog from the crate. They were much more relaxed and less stressed when they could see me and didn't feel alone and isolated. I also set the timer on the family room TV when we went upstairs to bed and played classical music for them for an hour after we retired.