Cashs Mom

Hi! I'm new to Dachshund-Talk but not new to dachshunds. I've had multiple dachshunds for the last 30 years. Sometimes as many as 6 at once! All my dogs for the last 25 years have been rescues. I currently have 3. Darby is my little old man (we think he's about 14 or 15) who has a liver tumor and is both blind and deaf. Poor old guy is doing as well as can be expected for his age and condition. Gus is my other little old man. He came into rescue with a severe ear infection. By the time they got it cleared up, he was deaf. He's my "good dog". He came to me housetrained, has never chewed anything and basically just wants his nice warm bed, good food and some belly rubs. He's a happy boy. Honey is my crazy young girl. She's a mix of some sort and a very sweet girl with people. Currently, I'm having to keep her separated from the boys. She's gone after Darby twice. It was terrifying for me and I"m sure for him. So to keep my boy safe, we just don't allow them in the same rooms at the same time unless she's in her crate.

I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone's dogs and learning more about dachshunds.