New here. Penny and I say hello!

PrettyPenny

My name is Barbara and I am 21 years old. I was raised around dachshunds. My parents were back yard breeders (much to my ignorance as a young child) but it did spark my love for dachshunds. I currently have 3 dogs. One is an American Pit Bull Terrier named Chevelle. She is almost a year old. The other is a mix breed hound puppy named Baloo. He is 13 weeks. And last, but certainly not least is...

Penny, our standard size red smooth dachshund. She is 11 years old and the queen bee of our household. And in September, I am getting a long haired cream female puppy from a very reputable breeder...can't wait!

So I hope to learn here and get to know all of your and your dachshunds! :)

PrettyPenny

How much do you guys usually feed your standards? Penny is around 20 lbs give or take and I give her 2/3 cup a day. We have been working on losing weight.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
My Mini's get approx 1/2 a cup per day (2 meals of 1/4 cup) Mouse sometimes gets up to 2/3 of a cup. Both are nice and thin.

PrettyPenny

Thanks guys. I am going to keep her on 2/3rds because she seems to be doing well on it. Just worries me sometimes because it seems like nothing.