new here needing advice

newbe47

I am thinking about adopting a 4 year old female dachshund.
i'm a little concerned with the shedding though. everyone is telling me the shedding is really bad. is this true?

newbe47

nobody? isn't this a forum for this breed? did I post in the wrong place?
is there ways to help the shedding? it's just a question

Penny

I have adopted adults over the years and it's really worked well for us.

I think the shedding depends on the dog. I have a red male and his coat is like velvet. Although he does shed (I can see it on the brush) I really don't see it anywhere in his blankets. I have 2 piebald girls and the one with the most white sheds lots of white hair. What I've noticed is that the white hair comes off quite a bit and the colored hair is not noticeable at all. I would not have said that the shedding is 'really bad'.

I hope you reconsider and come back and visit. New people sign in, and with not too much traffic, move on. Be the one that's here for the new people! Then the forum will become more active. I would love to know about your decision if you decide to get her. Fingers crossed that she gets a loving home.

I've got two short-haired dachshunds. One sheds a lot, the other, not very much. They will both shed a lot, however, when under stress, like in pain, or when they feel threatened (such as by a loud noise).