New Chat Feature on the site

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Everyone. I have added a chat feature to the site. It is similar to the chat in Facebook but there is also a chat room feature...

Let me know what you think.....

Tikki

Going back reading as much as I can take in at one time, and I seem to be going back a long time now, I have just discovered this thread. Does this chat/chatroom feature still exist? I do not "do" Facebook so have no idea what that does, but it might be interesting if there was such a thing here - BUT - if it means taking people away from for forum - which seems to be happening everywhere these days, I would not be in favour of it.

The thing is that people chat on FB and those people will chat wherever they want, so if there is a chat room here they will not be posting, to the detriment of the forum.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
No it was with the old site. I wont be adding it as it is not compatible with the new software

Tikki

No it was with the old site. I wont be adding it as it is not compatible with the new software
Thank you for the explanation. I was going back through old posts and came across mention of a chatroom, so wondered if it still existed. TBH I am glad it does not as I have seen too many fora on various subjects literally die because everyone takes themselves of to FB where they can get away with things that are against the rules on the fora.