MSM for joints?

vizzla

Does anyone give their dogs, or yourself, food supplement of MSM, Metyl Sulfonyl Metan, for joints and movements?

Im intressted both for my self and our dogs. I have had problems with my joints as a child, but that grow off somehow.

Now that we are more active with our dogs and they run beside the bike twice a week, I want them to be smooth and healthy in their joints so we can have many years together.

Anyone has any experience of this MSM?

I've not had experience with the stuff.

But, I'm curious about riding bikes with your doxies. I'd thought of doing that before, but was worried their little legs wouldn't be able to keep up for long.

Not to mention concern of running OVER the dogs.

How does that work?

vizzla

If you let the dog decide the pace there is no better way to keep them fit and its really good for their backs. They should always just trot, not run as fast as they can. I have standard dachshunds and they have a really good pace, I can ride in a good pace :) I always have the leash loose. If its tense then Im going to fast/slow. I start with walking with the bike so the dogs can make pee/poop and sniff around for a bit. I always take pauses, and walk - let them sniff - start riding again. You see if your dog likes it or not. But let them get use to it. :)

Short leash so they cant run infront of the bike. Its a bit practis befor it goes smooth. First, you just take short runs just so they ge adjust to the bike. Its most important to warm up, and not let them run fast from start.

babysis

I have had experience with msm (or glucosamine as it is known here on the West Coast U.S.). I had Baby use it a few years back and there wasn't much of a change of how she was. Now for bigger dogs i.e. Labrador retriever or German Shepard, it worked wonders for them. My lab was able to move around easier and he wasn't small. I stood at 5'5 and his head was above my hips.

For humans LOL and joints I won't use that stuff mainly because I am a stubborn Greek and refuse! One thing that I've noticed that helps joints is alfalfa tablets. :)

Inkeri

We give Manu msm. I'm not sure if it has had any effect, but I suppose we'll see the results in the long run. :)