Mouse has learned how to "ask" for attention...

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
instead of dive bombing my face and licking me!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlT5L-0SOf8]Mouse makes the weirdest noises! - YouTube[/ame]

Inkeri

That's so cute! :D And funny!

Manu pokes me with his nose and whines a little when he wants attention. :)

sherlock

Oh my gosh how funny! It almost sounds like she's cooing at you!!! Watson will usually growl a little or let out a small yap, but nothing like that!

That got Frank's attention! He lifted his head and started sniffing the air, trying to find Mouse.

Then PD heard him, and ran over with his fur up, barking at Frank. Frank abandoned my lap, to be replaced by PD. PD had his ears up, head turned to left, then right, fur about half-way up, and an occassional questioning bark.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
That got Frank's attention! He lifted his head and started sniffing the air, trying to find Mouse.

Then PD heard him, and ran over with his fur up, barking at Frank. Frank abandoned my lap, to be replaced by PD. PD had his ears up, head turned to left, then right, fur about half-way up, and an occassional questioning bark.
Ha ha ha ha I'm glad Mouse could entertain PD and Frank too! LOL

babysis

That's funny! Never hear anything like that from Baby instead I get the jump in the face and licking!

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
That's so cute! Sissy started barking while I was watching the video lol!
Ha ha ha... that's awesome! I never get to see that with my dogs... though Mouse and the deaf cat, Munsch chase stuff on the computer LOL (Munsch likes the mouse pointer LOL)

Carl Belken

Dachshunds seem to be exceptionally good at "Talking" to their owners.

When Dolly wants something she will go to whatever human does that job she's assigned to them, then she will sit down and look at them patiently. If they can't figure out what she wants we say "Show Me!" and in her own way she will do just that.

As far as job assignments go my wife is for food, love, attention, and filling the water bowl.

My son is for letting her out to potty. Best of all he is supposed to take her for long walks. He is also for FUN! too.

Myself I am held in reserve. I am supposed to solve the more complicated problems. Like when there is something wrong in our home.Like when a big dog comes into the yard that she can't handle I am expected to run them off. BUT.. if I decide they are OK then it's OK by her too.