Lungworms in Dogs ? Warning: Your Dog Could be at Risk

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Young dogs and those that are not wormed regularly are significantly more likely to be infected with the life-threatening, parasitic lungworm, Angiostrongylus vasorum, according to new research from the University... Read more »Source: DogMagazine.net - the K9 Magazine blog

Lungworms in Dogs – Warning: Your Dog Could be at Risk

Related content:
  1. Are You Aware of The Dangers of Canine Lungworms?
  2. 300 Dogs a Month Dying From Parvovirus
  3. Vet Charity in Lungworm Warning – Beware of Slug Season

More...

starfish

Midwest US Region Moderator
Parvovirus

We were fostering a black and tan Dachshund for a family here in our town. We were told that he was four, a mini by pedigree, and had all of his shots. After we had him for two weeks, they came by and told us the truths. Due to the fact that I was skeptical about his age being what they said. He was in fact only 6 months and he had not had ANY of his vaccinations. We didn't care about his pedigree. :) They said they couldn't afford injections. After searching, I found a clinic in town that offered injections one day a week at a low $5 per shot. I set up an appointment to take the little guy. They didn't want me to take him, even though I offered to pay. They started taking him on weekends, which was alright until I found out they had the little guy around other un-vaccinated dogs. I explained the dangers. They then said they would just take him back. He was in our house for a month, our boys and ourselves got attached. The next week, I found out that he contracted the Parvovirus and died. :( I must admit I was so upset, I cried.

Susan

Bella & Jack's Mummy
We were fostering a black and tan Dachshund for a family here in our town. We were told that he was four, a mini by pedigree, and had all of his shots. After we had him for two weeks, they came by and told us the truths. Due to the fact that I was skeptical about his age being what they said. He was in fact only 6 months and he had not had ANY of his vaccinations. We didn't care about his pedigree. :) They said they couldn't afford injections. After searching, I found a clinic in town that offered injections one day a week at a low $5 per shot. I set up an appointment to take the little guy. They didn't want me to take him, even though I offered to pay. They started taking him on weekends, which was alright until I found out they had the little guy around other un-vaccinated dogs. I explained the dangers. They then said they would just take him back. He was in our house for a month, our boys and ourselves got attached. The next week, I found out that he contracted the Parvovirus and died. :( I must admit I was so upset, I cried.

that's such a sad story sending you a hug x

Susan

Bella & Jack's Mummy
I have booked Bella into our local vet and arranged to take her on the 1st for a health check and wormers and also on the 15th for her 2nd injections, I would never forgive myself if anything happened to her because we had been irresponsible, if we couldnt afford to look after her properly we wouldnt have brought her into our family , its so upsetting when owners neglect their animals x