Killer Doxies

How many animals have your dachshunds killed?

Frank just delivered a fresh-killed squirrel to me. In the house (thanks to a doggie door). On the carpet. Kathy was screaming, I'm not sure what. I thanked Frank, picked up the squirrel and put it in the trash. Kathy doesn't have a recipe for squirrel stew.

This is his second kill. His first was a baby bird.

PD has killed a baby possum in the past, and hundreds of tree roaches.

Henry was my best hunter. He killed three birds (one he swallowed whole when I tried to get it away from him), a couple of possums, and a squirrel. And probably some other critters that I never knew about.

vizzla

we cant have them off leash since we live in the city. So they havent got the opportunity to kill yet!

:)

You have good hunters! I would be proud! ;-) But poor animals..

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Mine haven't killed anything either (though Mouse hunts mice LOL) But my Mom's bichon killed a bunny the other day... my Mom was HORRIFIED! LOL

sherlock

Watson hasn't ever had a chance since we don't have a yard.

But my beagle back home...sprayed by skunks about 5 times, one was a baby that she killed...bitten by copperheads 4 times (not sure if she killed those.) Some rabbits (until they learned not to live in our yard) maybe a squirrel, but I think they usually get away pretty quick.

And who knows what else, my parents live right next to a big woody area, and sometimes she finds a way out of the yard.

Her middle name is literally Trouble.

nola

Nola killed a cardinal min-flight last month. It was flying low, and she'd been waiting in the grass for it to come out of a bush. I was proud though, because as soon as I asked her to drop it she spit it right out and left it alone.:D

jax's_mommy

Aside from bugs, Jax hasn't killed anything. I rarely let him out off leash ( no back yard so i have to always take him out on leash)so he doesn't get much chance to try.