Kathy and Wally

Wally Dapple

Hi Everyone!

My name is Kathy. My family and I just adopted a wonderful dog this weekend and we named him Wally!!!

We got him from a rescue in Rockville, MD. She said she had gotten him from a high kill shelter in WV. He is two years old and adorable. She said they think he is a dachshund/beagle mix but he also has a blue eye and a curly tail!
My neighbor said she thought he might be part dapple dachshund with his coloring. I looked up the dapple and found an image that looks a lot like Wally! I also learned a dapple can have one or two blue eyes! I am wondering if he is full dachshund. He weighs 22 pounds and couldn't be sweeter. He is so well behaved it is incredible! He has not had one potty in the house, he doesn't bark, he hasn't jumped up on the furniture, he doesn't beg when we eat. He goes and lays down in his dog bed when we eat! We've only had him a day and a half and are amazed at what a great dog he is!

I have a picture attached. Does anyone have any insight as to whether Wally is all dachshund?

Thanks!
Kathy

Attachments

CaseyKC

Wally has a beagle face and from what I can see, his tail appears to be more beagle than a dachshund would have. He seems to have dachshund legs. Congratulations on your new family member and thank you for adopting a rescue!